Materials Required for Application
For detailed information of the required application materials, please refer to the admission brochure.
(1) Application checklist (generated by the online application system).
(2) Application fee receipt: The fee is NT$1,600 / US$60 per application (postage for Acceptance/ Non-acceptance letter included). If the application fee is remitted to the university account or paid directly at the NCCU Cashier Section, please enclose a photocopy of T/T (Telegraphic Transfer) receipt or the receipt from the NCCU Cashier Section.
(3) 2 completed application forms (generated by the online application system), each attached with a recent photo (about 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm in size).
(4) Mailing address label (generated by the online application system).
(5) Declaration (generated by the online application system).
(6) Verification of nationality (A photocopy of your passport)
- If applicable, NCCU may ask the applicant to provide a photocopy of the “Forfeited Nationality Permit Certificate” issued by Ministry of the Interior, “Certificate of Entry and Exit Dates” issued by National Immigration Agency, Signed “Non-Household Registration Declaration" or other official certificates. （＊Application for Certificate of Entry and Exit Dates）
(7) One photocopy of the diploma of the highest academic degree obtained.In case the original diploma is not issued in English or Chinese, an additional notarized copy of the translation into English or Chinese must be submitted along with the original document.
- Applicants with a bachelor’s degree or above from one of the institutions in Mainland China, which are specifically recognized by the MOE, are also required to submit a certificate of degree conferral
Current graduates (who have not yet received their official diploma) are required to submit an official certificate of expected graduation (in English or Chinese) issued by their school in lieu of their diploma at the time of application.
(8) One FULL academic transcript. In case the original transcript is not issued in English or Chinese, an additional notarized copy of the translation into English or Chinese must be submitted along with the original document.
- FULL Academic Transcript
- Master’s program applicants: Transcript of the previous bachelor’s degree (or above)
- Admitted applicants can enroll only after they have submitted the photocopies of their diploma, certificate of degree conferral (applicable to applicants with a bachelor’s degree or above from an institution in Mainland China, which is specifically recognized by the MOE) as well as a full academic transcript and other relevant academic certificates. In addition, all of them must be verified by the related offices according to the following regulations.
- Students whose degrees are conferred by foreign schools (excluding the schools in Hong Kong, Macau, and Mainland China) shall follow the “Regulations Regarding the Assessment and Recognition of Foreign Academic Credentials for Institutions of Higher Education.” The diploma and the full academic transcripts are required to be verified by the Taiwan Overseas Representative Offices in the country in which the degree-issuing school is located. If the original documents are not in Chinese or English, a Chinese or English translation, verified by the Taiwan Overseas Representative Offices, is also required.
- Students whose degrees are conferred by the prescribed schools in Hong Kong or Macau shall follow the “Academic Credential Verification and Accreditation Methods adopted in Hong Kong and Macao” for the requirement of relevant academic certificates.
- Students whose degrees are conferred by the schools in Mainland China, which are specifically recognized by the MOE, shall follow the “The Regulations Governing the Accreditation of Schools in Mainland China” for the requirement of relevant academic certificates.
- If the certificate is not in the name of the applicant himself/herself, a signed sponsorship letter (in Chinese or English) is required. In this sponsorship letter, the relationship between the sponsor and the applicant has to be stated and the support of the applicant’s expenses for the duration of the applicant’s studies in Taiwan has to be guaranteed. (＊Download sample of sponsorship letter)
- Students with full scholarship must provide proof.
- “Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language” mentioned in part II of the “Criteria of Each Department/Graduate Institute” has been held by the Steering Committee for the Test of Proficiency-Huayu (SC-TOP) in the past. According to the regulations announced by the Ministry of Education on August 4, 2010, the Test of Proficiency-Huayu (TOP) has since changed its name to “Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language” (TOCFL). In addition, a new version of the Test has been instituted since 2011. For more information and the main Chinese Proficiency Tests Comparison Tables, please refer to the following website: http://www.sc-top.org.tw.
- Late, ineligible, or incomplete applications will not be processed. Moreover, no application documents will be returned for any reason. Thus, please make copies for yourself if needed. Lastly, please be once again reminded that the application fee is non-refundable.
Applicants with incomplete application documents or who have not followed the application procedure will be informed via e-mail.