Materials Required for Application
For detailed information of the required application materials, please refer to the admission brochure.
(1) Application checklist (generated by the online application system).
(2) Application fee receipt: The fee is NT$1,600 / US$60 per application (postage for Acceptance/ Non-acceptance letter included). If the application fee is remitted to the university account or paid directly at the NCCU Cashier Section, please enclose a photocopy of T/T (Telegraphic Transfer) receipt or the receipt from the NCCU Cashier Section.
(3) 2 completed application forms with a recent photo (about 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm in size) attached to each (generated by the online application system).
(4) Mailing Address label (generated by the online application system).
(5) Declaration (generated by the online application system).
(6) Verification of nationality (A photocopy of your passport)
※ If applicable, NCCU may ask the applicant to provide a photocopy of the “Forfeited Nationality Permit Certificate” issued by Ministry of the Interior, “Certificate of Entry and Exit Dates” issued by National Immigration Agency, Signed “Non-Household Registration Declaration” or other official certificates.
(7) One photocopy of the diploma of the highest academic degree (additional notarized copy of the translation in English or Chinese must be submitted with the original if the original diploma is not in English or in Chinese).
※ Applicants with the bachelor’s degree or above obtaining from the schools in Mainland China which are specifically recognized by MOE are also required to submit the certificate of degree conferral.
※ Current graduates are required to submit an official certificate of expected graduation (English or Chinese) issued by the school in lieu of the diploma at the time of application.
(8) One FULL academic transcript (additional notarized copy of the translation of the original transcripts in English or Chinese must be submitted with the original if original transcript is not in English or in Chinese).
-Bachelor applicants: high school (or above) transcript
-Master applicants: Bachelor (or above) transcript
-PhD applicants: Master (or above) transcript
※ Admitted applicants can enroll only after they have submitted the photocopies of their diploma, certificate of degree conferral (applicable to the applicants with the bachelor’s degree or above obtaining from the schools in Mainland China which are specifically recognized by MOE) as well as full academic transcripts and other relevant academic certificates which are all verified by the related offices according to the following regulations.
※ The students whose degrees are conferred by the foreign schools (excluding the schools in Hong Kong, Macau, and Mainland China) shall follow ”Regulations Regarding the Assessment and Recognition of Foreign Academic Credentials for Institutions of Higher Education.” The diploma and the full academic transcripts are required to be verified by the Taiwan Overseas Representative Offices in the country of the original schools. If the original documents are not in Chinese or English, the Chinese or the English translations are also required to be verified by the Taiwan Overseas Representative Offices.
※ The students whose degrees are conferred by the prescribed schools in Hong Kong or Macau shall follow the “Academic Credential Verification and Accreditation Methods adopted in Hong Kong and Macao” for the requirement of relevant academic certificates.
※ The students whose degrees are conferred by the schools in Mainland China which are specifically recognized by MOE shall follow the “The Regulations Governing the Accreditation of Schools in Mainland China” for the requirement of relevant academic certificates.
(9) An official bank statement (in Chinese or English) issued within 3 months from a financial institution indicating that the account balance is more than NTD$200,000 (USD$6,500).
※ If the certificate is not in the name of the applicant, a signed sponsorship letter (in Chinese or English) is required, in which the relationship between the sponsor and the applicant is stated and the support of the applicant’s expense for the duration of the applicant’s studies in Taiwan is guaranteed.
※ Students with full scholarship must provide proof.
(10) Additional application materials required by the department or the graduate institute (please refer to part II on the Admission Brochure: Criteria of Each Department or Graduate Institute).
※ Please note that the “Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language” mentioned in part II of the Criteria of Each Department/Graduate Institute was held by the Steering Committee for the Test of Proficiency-Huayu (SC-TOP). According to regulations announced by the Ministry of Education on August 4, 2010, the Test of Proficiency-Huayu (TOP) has since changed its name to “Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language” (TOCFL). Also, a new version of the Test has been instituted since 2011. For more information and the main Chinese Proficiency Tests Comparison Tables, please refer to the website: http:/www.sc-top.org.tw.
※ Late, ineligible, or incomplete applications will not be processed. Moreover, no application documents will be returned for any reason. Please make copies for yourself if needed. The application fee is nonrefundable.
※ Applicants with incomplete application documents or who have not followed the application procedure will be informed via e-mail.