What to do after being accepted
OIC Notice for Fall 2019 NCCU Admitted International Students
- Calendar of Academic Year 2019-2020 : https://bit.ly/2W6bojF
- Official calendar may be announced this early June: http://aca.nccu.edu.tw/eng/download/calendar2019_eng.pdf
- Important Dates before the 2019 Fall Semester Starts
||July 19||Deadline of emailing your photo and replying campus housing|
OIC emails registration procedures
(e.g. payment of tuition/registration fee, course selection, etc.)
||Aug. 12-Aug. 16||Credit Transfer / Exemption Application|
|OIC emails Student ID Number individually & the procedure of checking campus dorm arrangement|
||Aug. 19-Aug. 21||
||Aug. 26-Aug. 28||2nd-phase Online Course Selection|
||Before Aug. 30||Undergraduate students intend to enroll in the upper-year class (Sophomore above), please submit the certificate of completion and the transcripts to your departments.|
||Sep. 2 (Mon.): 9am~12pm; 1:30pm~5pm||
||Sep. 3 (Tue.)||
||Sep. 4 (Wed.)||
||Sep. 6 (Fri.)||
||Sep. 9 (Mon.)||
- Acceptance, waiting-list, or Non-Acceptance letters have been post-mailed on May 13, 2019 to the mailing address written on the address label. If you do not receive the letter by June 7, 2019, please contact OIC (firstname.lastname@example.org).
1. Required Documents Checklist: sent to OIC before June 19, 2019
- Registration Form
※ IMBA freshmen CAN’T use the online registration system to register but you may download the PDF file on the same link (PDF file available since 10am, May 27, 2019): Please it.
■ Notice for Filling in Online Registration System / IMBA Registration Form
(1) Chinese name: Traditional Chinese characters ONLY. NO Roman spelling or Simplified Chinese characters. For Chinese name assistance, please OIC (email@example.com).
(2) Highest academic degree: Please fill out graduation year, school name, degree and major correctly.
(3) If you DON’T have OPTIONAL information listed below, it is ok.
A. Mailing address and zip code in Taiwan
B. Contact person information in Taiwan
(4) On-campus dormitory application: Before applying, please read dorm introduction thoroughly.
(5) Taiwan Scholarship: TaiwanICDF Scholarship is NOT Taiwan Scholarship. If you are still waiting for the Taiwan Scholarship result, please choose “No.”
(6) Please make sure all information are correct. After clicking “confirmation” button, you CANNOT correct it anymore.
■ Notice for Printed Registration Form the system / IMBA Registration Form
(1) Paste a clear 2-inch passport size photo on the designated section: It is for your student ID card, so don’t use any photo by printers and xeroxs, for it is not clear.
(2) Sign your name and date on the bottom of the Registration form.
(3) EXCEPT handwritten signature and date, NO handwritten correction on the Registration form is acceptable.
B. PHOTOCOPIES of your educational documents verified by related offices: Please see #2 on page 3 to learn more details of verified education documents. Procedure differs from your school’s country.
- Mailing address: Strongly suggest you submit the documents ASAP via a trackable global carrier, such as DHL, FedEx, Express Mail, or UPS.
National Chengchi University
No. 17, Ln. 112, Sec. 2, Xiuming Road, Wenshan Dist., Taipei, Taiwan 116
2. Verify the diploma and full academic transcripts
(1) For whose degrees are conferred by schools in Taiwan: No need to verify the diploma of the highest academic degree and the full academic transcripts.
(2) For whose degrees are conferred by the foreign schools (excluding the schools in Hong Kong, Macau, and Mainland China): The diploma and the full academic transcripts are required to be verified by the Taiwan Overseas Representative Offices in the country in which the degree-issuing school is located. If the original documents are not in Chinese or English, the Chinese or the English translations are also required to be verified by the Taiwan Overseas Representative Offices in the country in which the degree-issuing school is located.
If there is no Taiwan Overseas Representative Offices in the country in which the degree-issuing school is located, please go to the Taiwan Overseas Representative Offices in charge of the country in which the degree-issuing school is located.
(3) For whose degrees are conferred by the prescribed schools in Hong Kong or Macau: Please follow the “Academic Credential Verification and Accreditation Methods adopted in Hong Kong and Macao” for the requirement of relevant academic certificates.
(4) For whose degrees are conferred by the schools in Mainland China that are specifically recognized by MOE shall follow the “The Regulations Governing the Accreditation of Schools in Mainland China” for the requirement of relevant academic certificates.
- Applicants with the bachelor’s degree or above obtaining from the schools in Mainland China which are specifically recognized by MOE are also required to submit the certificate of degree conferral.
- How to verify the diploma and transcripts received in China: https://tinyurl.com/y3sxrbr9
(6) To accept our offer of admission, please send the REGISTRATION FORM with pasted photo and handwritten signature, and the PHOTOCOPIES of your educational documents verified by related offices (including the diploma of highest academic degree and full academic transcripts; those with the bachelor’s degree or above obtained from the schools in Mainland China, identified by MOE must provide the certificate of degree conferral as well) by post or courier to Office of International Cooperation (OIC), International Education Section by June 19, 2019 (postmark date). We DO NOT accept the above mentioned documents by e-mail or fax. Those who fail to provide the required documents by the prescribed date will forfeit their candidacy for admission. The Admission offers will be given to the applicants on the waiting list, as stipulated by the regulations.
(7) On September 3, 2019, the Enrollment Day, the ORIGINAL verified diploma of highest academic degree and full academic transcripts (including translation documents, if applicable) should be submitted. The documents will be returned after the authentication is completed. Failure to provide the above-mentioned documents on Enrollment Day, the registration will be held as INCOMPLETE.
3. Campus Dorm Application and Introduction
(1) Campus dorm application and introduction will be available on the online registration system since 10am, May 27, 2019. As long as you click “YES” for accommodation in the online registration system and send the completed registration form with other required documents by post before June 19, 2019, the housing application is completed.
(2) School doesn’t provide student housing for couples and families.
(3) New students would have no preference choice but be arranged by the Student Housing Service Office; therefore, undergraduate students will stay at 4-person rooms, master students at double rooms, and doctoral students at single rooms.
4. Off Campus Housing
- English Website
(Borderless-House is available for short rental and can live in shared housing with local students if you want to practice your Mandarin)
(All inquiry and negotiation is done by email and only accept contracts from September 1st to August 31st (one year base) rental. The option of finding a replacement in case the tenant needs to leave earlier is possible)
(4) Heshan Residence: (Male Only) ~The interview (could be done via Skype) is required for potential resident. The monthly price varied depending on the size of the room.
(5) Wenshan Residence: (Female Only) ~The interview (could be done via Skype) is required for potential resident. The monthly price varied depending on the size of the room.
- Chinese Website
(Most of the housing is for one year rental contract on this website)
(3) Heshan Residence: (Male Only) ~The interview (could be done via Skype) is required for potential resident. The monthly price varied depending on the size of the room.
(4) Wenshan Residence: (Female Only) ~The interview (could be done via Skype) is required for potential resident. The monthly price varied depending on the size of the room.
- International DEGREE students: should apply for resident visas with the purpose of study through Taiwan Overseas Representative Offices in order to enter Taiwan (Resident Visa: foreign nationals who intent to stay in Taiwan for more than 180 days should apply for resident visas).
- The following is the information you may need in filling out the on-line application in Taiwanese Visa Application system.
(2) Relationship: International Degree Student Coordinator
(3) R.O.C. ID: 03807654
(4) Name of School: National Chengchi University
(5) Address: No. 64, Zhi-nan Road, Sec. 2, Wenshan 11605 Taipei, Taiwan
(6) Tel: +886-2-82377580
(7) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- International NON-DEGREE students CANNOT apply for a visa with the purpose of study, so please contact Taiwan Overseas Representative Offices for detailed visa application.
- For detailed information of visa application, please contact Taiwan Overseas Representative Offices or Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) is your identity card in Taiwan. Foreigners holding resident visa or changing to resident visa in Taiwan should go to the service center of National Immigration Agency to apply for ARC within 15 days starting from the day after arrival in Taiwan or the next day of receiving resident visa in Taiwan. (Otherwise, the penalty will be $2,000-10,000 NT/$60-300 USD.) For more information, please visit ARC.
6. Arrival Date:
- Campus Dorm check-in date : Sep. 2, 2019
- New semester starts: Sep. 9, 2019
- Sep. 2, 2019 to Sep. 8, 2019 is the orientation week so please be sure to arrive NCCU on Sep. 2, 2019 For those who will live in on-campus dorm, please arrive Taiwan and come to NCCU during the following time to pick up check-in documents on your own.
|Sep. 2 (Mon.)||9am~12pm; 1:30pm~5pm||OIC Office (TBC)|
7. Credit Transfer/Exemption Application
- Aug. 12-16, 2019: Credit Transfer/Exemption Application (If applicable): The application should be submitted to the department/graduate institute/program you enroll. No late application will be accepted. Please contact the office of your department/graduate institute/program directly for application procedure and required documents.
- Before August 30, 2019: undergraduate students intend to enroll in the upper-year class (Sophomore above), please submit the certificate of completion and the transcripts to your departments.
8. The Differences between Health Check of NCCU Freshmen and Resident Visa
NCCU Freshmen health check CAN’T be substituted by the Health Exam for Resident Visa. Please kindly note that NCCU Health Exam required for all new local and international students is different from the one for the Resident Visa application. Health check for resident visa application is regulated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taiwan.