View count: 3320
I. Important Regulations
- International degree students with valid ARC who would like to work/intern legally in Taiwan shall apply for work permit. No matter your job is on/off campus and with/without pay, you must have work permit.
- Work Permit duration: max. 6 months
- The Valid deadline for the application in the first semester: March 31 in the next semester
- The Valid deadline for the application in the second semester: Sep. 30 in the same year
- Weekly working hours: max. 20 hrs (except for winter/summer break)
- Work permit will be revoked, if fail to follow the previous regulations and will be FINED NT$30,000-150,000.
- IMBA students please contact your program officer, Ms. Ho, for application assistance.
- Taiwan Scholarship Recipients are found engaging in any illegal labor activity in Taiwan, their scholarships will be revoked and they need to return any stipend and subsistence allowance given to them from the day of illegal employment.
- MOE Taiwan Scholarship, MOFA Taiwan Scholarship and TaiwanICDF Scholarship students are open with limited work permit application because the “Financial Issue” reason CAN’T be applied to these scholarship students.
II. Application Requirement
- International degree students with valid ARC and complete the Registration procedure
- Application reasons should be one of the following:
- Financial issues
- The academic or research offices at NCCU need international students’ assistance for work
- Internship required by or related to the curriculum
- Graduate students with NCCU’s permission to do research work related to the curriculum
III. Application Documents
- Application form
- Photocopy of student ID card (front and back) with registration stamp (attached to the application form directly)
- Stamps from OIC on the application form
- Original application payment receipt (NT$100)
- The original receipt from Post Office for service fee (NT$100/ per piece). Applicants may transfer the application fee at a post office or pay at the counter of Workforce Development Agency (WDA)
- Account Name: 勞動部勞動力發展署聘僱許可收費專戶; Account Number: 19058848
- Photocopies of valid passport and ARC (front and back)
- Explanation letter to support your reason for Work Permit application (any one of the followings)
- OIC letter explaining that the applicant has financial difficulty in study or living cost
- Letter from the department or relevant office, if applicant meets the followings:
* The academic or research offices at NCCU need international students’ assistance for work
* Internship required or related to the curriculum
* Graduate students who have NCCU’s permission to do research work related to the curriculum
IV. Application Procedure
- Fill out the application form and prepare required documents
- Go to the Registration Office to stamp on the photocopy of your student ID card (front and back side). Registration Office ~ 4F, Administration building
- Obtain relevant documents provided by the relevant office or department (see point 6 in above Required Documents)
- Bring the application form and all other required documents at the Office of International Cooperation
- Submission Method:
In personAddress: 10042, Fl. 10, No. 39, Chung-Hwa Rd. Sec. 1, Taipei
By Registered mail (Chinese address label available at OIC)
Workforce Development Agency,
Application of Work Permit for Foreign Students, Overseas Chinese Students and Ethnic Chinese Students.
Add: Fl. 10, No. 39, Chung-Hwa Rd. Sec. 1, Taipei City, 10042